Wednesday 8 May 2013

Here's another one I began earlier...

...quite a lot earlier actually.  (Mmm, how many years, Gill?  Gill:  Not telling, just that it's the second quilt top I ever sewed!).  And yesterday I actually completed the backing - which is what you can see here, oh, and the trusty seam-ripper. 



There's also a glimpse of my beloved Juki - which I'm still getting to know.  This will be the first quilt I've quilted on this machine and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm hoping to get a chance to sew this weekend.  I LOVE this machine - it's a dream to sew on.  And SO fast.

I upgraded from a 20-year old Elnita to a Bernina 440 QE when I began quilting.  Where's the Bernina you ask?  Well, attempting some decorative stitching last weekend, I forgot to change the quilting foot - and when sewing at Patchwork Corner this morning, I noticed that my needle was out of alignment.  It's due a service too so my Bernina, Bernina, Bernina has gone in for some tlc.   Which set me wondering, do I need another, light, machine for classes?  Then my Bernina can happily sit in it's Sew Ezi  table without being uprooted every now and then - and that answered my question - it's only now and then!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every comment (often more than once) - so thank you for stopping by. I'll reply by email.
.